Contest Rules for “Coyote BBQ Contest”
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. No purchase necessary.
2. You can enter the contest by registering online at distinctive-online.com from Thursday, April 1st, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. until Saturday, May 1st, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time). To be eligible for the drawing, you must enter all the required information on the entry form including your name, the name of the person you wish to involve and both email addresses. You must enter a valid email address.
3. Only one entry per email address. Participants registering more than once will be disqualified. Fraudulent entries will not be tolerated and will be declared invalid. All entries that are incomplete, sent by illicit means or that do not comply with the contest rules will be declared void. Entry forms are the property of Distinctive which is not required to acknowledge receipt of entries or return them.
4. This contest is open to all residents of Quebec and Ontario who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence on the drawing date. If a participant is a minor, a parent or duly appointed guardian who has reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of birth must confirm acceptance of the rules. If a minor wins the prize, the prize must be awarded in the name of the parent or duly appointed guardian.
5. Ineligible: Distinctive employees, suppliers and representing agents, as well as members of their immediate families and anyone with whom these employees, suppliers or representing agents live.
6. Two (2) Coyote BBQ: model C1C28LP-FS, Total value of $1,839 CAD each, totaling $3,678 CAD (taxes not included).
7. Taxes and fees charged by the State are not included. The winner may be responsible for delivery charges, if applicable. For delivery terms. The prize must be accepted as awarded. It cannot be assigned or transferred in whole or in part and is non-refundable. The odds of winning vary depending on the number of participants.
General Terms, Conditions and Exclusions
8. If the winner does not claim his or her prize by email or telephone, for any reason whatsoever, before July 1st, 2021 at 11:59 pm (Eastern Time), the prize will be cancelled automatically.
9. The total value of the prize is $3,678 CAD maximum. Distinctive reserves the right to replace the prize with another prize of equal value in the event that it is not possible to offer the prize as indicated.
10. Thursday, April 1st, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. until Saturday, May 1st, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time). On Monday, May 10 at 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), two (2) winners will be randomly selected from all entries received by the entry deadline. The drawing will take place at Distinctive’s headquarters at 2025 Rue Cunard, Laval, QC H7S 2N1.
11. Distinctive will notify the winner using the email address they provided.
12. To be declared winner, the participant must:
- a) Be reached by email or phone by the contest organizers within seven (7) days following the drawing
- b) Respond to the message received within three (3) days (72 hours) of receipt and send his or her delivery information
- c) Sign the declaration and liability waiver form, which will be sent by mail, email or fax. The winner must then send this form back to the contest organizers within fifteen (15) days of receipt or face disqualification. The declaration stipulates:
- i) That the winner has read, understood and complied with the contest rules;
- ii) That they waive all expectations/claims and rights with regard to Distinctive, the contest organizers and their family members and affiliated companies; and
- iii) That they authorize Distinctive to use their name, photograph, likeness, prize statement, place of residence and/or voice for advertising purposes without any form of compensation.
13. If the winner does not meet the requirements mentioned in paragraph 12, the prize will be automatically forfeited and another drawing will be held to determine the winner.
14. The odds of winning vary depending on the number of participants.
Acceptance of Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
15. By entering the contest, participants consent to allow Distinctive to use and disclose the personal information provided on the entry forms to administer this contest and the non-personal information to create reports regarding consumer habits. Distinctive may disclose the content of these reports to a third party.
16. Participants will be automatically subscribed to Distinctive’s promotional emails and newsletters and will have the opportunity to unsubscribe when they receive them. Participants consent to allowing Distinctive to collect, use and disclose the personal information provided (including their email address) for the purpose of sending promotional emails and newsletters.
17. Regardless of the circumstances, Distinctive will not, under any circumstances, be responsible or liable to any contest participant or any other person for:
- a) Any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, operation or transmission delay, communication channel failure, theft or destruction of entries, or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries, regardless of cause;
- b) Failure, for any reason, to send the email notifying the participant that they are the winner;
- c) Any change in email addresses or email address assignments after contest entries have been submitted;
- d) An error or technical failure of a computer, the Internet or a telephone, regardless of cause; or
- e) Any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (intended or unintended), loss of business, economic, special, indirect or consequential losses, or damages or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort, or under any other theory of law or equity, arising out of or in connection with the contest or the contest prize or the submission of entries or participation in the contest or use of the website (including downloading any materials from this website).
18. If for any reason, at Distinctive’s sole discretion, the contest cannot be held as originally planned or due to any factor whatsoever, such as a computer virus or bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, a technical failure or other cause beyond its control that compromises the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Distinctive reserves the right to disqualify the participant responsible for such failure and thereby cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
19. WARNING: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CORBEIL APPLIANCES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
20. Any prize award email returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
21. The decisions of the contest judges regarding any aspect of the contest are final and without appeal for all participants.
22. Participation in the contest indicates acceptance of the contest rules.
23. These rules are the contest’s official rules. The contest is invalid where prohibited by law. This contest is subject to federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions shall remain in effect.
24. In the event of an inconsistency between the French and English versions of these rules, the French version will prevail over the English version.
25. A dispute relating to the organization or management of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Quebec Alcohol, Racing and Gaming Control Commission for a decision. A dispute concerning the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Commission solely so it can intervene to attempt to resolve it.